Allhallows (Kent) Parish Council
Although there are limited funds available, the parish council is willing to help where possible and can make financial grants.
ALLOCATION OF GRANTS TO LOCAL ORGANISATIONS
Applications are invited from local voluntary organisations or groups for the allocation of grants from Allhallows Parish Council.
(NOTE: The Application Form is downloadable in PDF format and can be found below)
New grant applications will be considered on a quarterly basis (January, April, July and October) at meetings of the Parish Council. Grants may exceptionally be considered outside of the quarterly timetable should it be considered necessary or desirable by the Parish Council.
To be eligible groups or voluntary organisations must usually be based within the boundaries of Allhallows Parish Council.
Grant applications to be considered by the Parish Council need to be received no later than the end of the month preceding the meeting (i.e. by the end of December, March, June or September).
All grant awards are subject to Allhallows Parish Council budget constraints.
For further information and an application form, please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council, Chris Fribbins on 01634 566256 during office hours or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
[NOTE: Application Form is downloadable in PDF and Word format, see below)
GRANTS POLICY AND PROCEDURES
A grant is any payment or gift made by the Parish Council to an organisation for a specific purpose. The law requires that Section 137 grants must be “in the interests of or will directly benefit the area or its inhabitants, or part of it or some of it” and the “direct benefits should be commensurate with the expenditure”
At the budget setting council meeting each year a sum will be allocated for grants during the following financial year. Once this budget sum has been allocated for grants, the Parish Council will only consider emergency requests for assistance and generally only from organisations or groups with which it has close links.
The purpose of the grant should not contravene Allhallows Parish Council Equality and Diversity policies.
Organisations or groups requesting financial assistance will be requested to submit
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the latest approved income & expenditure statement or other financial report.
- Copies of bank statements covering the past six months.
Applications will not be considered from
- Political parties;
- Private organisations operating as businesses;
- Upward funders, i.e. local groups where fund raising is sent to a central HQ or Regional Centre for redistribution.
Each application will be considered on its own merits. Applications once received, will be considered at the next quarterly meeting (i.e. January, April, July and October). To ensure fair distribution of resources, the Parish Council will take into account the amount and frequency of any previous grant awards. Account may also be taken of the extent to which funding has been sought or secured from other sources or fund raising activities. Proposals for match funding will also be considered.
All recipients must agree to advise their members and acknowledge the contribution of Allhallows Parish Council in any publicity materials. They must also agree to details (including photographs) of any grant being published.
RULES FOR ALLOCATION OF GRANTS TO LOCAL VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS AND GROUPS
1. All grant applications will be considered on a quarterly basis at Parish Council meetings. Applications may exceptionally be considered outside of the quarterly timetable should it be considered necessary or desirable by the Parish Council.
2. To be eligible for a grant, organisations or groups must usually be based within the boundaries of Allhallows Parish Council.
3. The purpose of the grant should not contravene Council Policy guidelines in areas of equality and diversity.
4. All applications should be from non-profit making voluntary organisations or groups.
5. Grants cannot be used to fund political activities.
6. The grant recipient(s) must supply the Parish Council with a statement confirming how the grant has been used within three months of receiving funding.
7. All grant applications must be made on the Allhallows Parish Council Grant Application form.
8. Notices will be displayed locally advising organisations and groups that any application for a grant must be made to the Parish Clerk by the end of the month preceding the quarterly meetings at which grant applications will be discussed.
9. All grant applications must usually state:
- The amount of grant requested;
- If the organisation or group is a registered charity;
- Full details of how the grant will be spent;
- The total cost of the item or activity;
- Where the remainder of any money will come from; and
- How many people are likely to benefit from the grant, how many are in the group or organisation and how many beneficiaries or members are resident in Allhallows.
The organisation or group must agree to acknowledge the contribution of Allhallows Parish Council in any publicity material produced relating to the item or activity and agree to details of any grant being published.