Allhallows Youth Club 2018 - Your Club
Allhallows (Kent) Parish Council
The sessions at the Youth Centre are now:
MONDAY - Allhallows Guides, Brownies, Rainbows
TUESDAY - Youth Club Older session (14-18) 6:15pm to 8pm (UNDER TRIAL)
WEDNESDAY - Street Dance (7-13) 5pm to 6pm (UNDER TRIAL - need to book) Youth Club Younger session (7-13) 6:15pm to 8pm
This is a brief report on a significant number of changes that have been carried out at the Centre.
- The electricity supply has been replaced - now you can actually boil a kettle without affecting the lights and heating.
- Faulty lighting around the building and in the toilets has been replaced
- Repairs had been carried out to the Football Arena, but was still concern about safety of the flooring, so it has been removed - a replacement is being investigated.
- CCTV and external lighting has been improved.
- Heating/cooling has been installed for the first time.
- The derelict scout's shed has been removed.
- The brick shed has a new roof.
- Hot water is now provided in the kitchen and boys/girls toilets.
- The boys toilet has auto-flush on the urinals
- Thanks to the Community Payback scheme the inside and outside of the youth centre has been re-decorated.
- There has been a clear-out of rubbish and broken equipment and a deep clean, but more to do.
- Emergency lighting has been checked and some additional units installed.
- Lighting in the main hall has been replaced.
- Do you have any equipment sitting around that could be used by the Youth Club (computer games and equipment, games, anything considered)?
- The council agreed to appoint Zoe McCall, on a part-time basis as a Youth Worker, to help manage the Brimp and work with the volunteers and youth to protect and enhance the club and its facilities. Peter Apostel is also helping promote the club
- Zoe and Peter would like to see the youth and other volunteers helping to identify the equipment and resources required.
- An upgrade/repair of the Brimp Road is being planned along with Slough Fort soon.
- The younger sessions have proved more popular and perhaps they could be extended.
- The parish council has a Youth Committee in place to help support and encourage the Youth Club and put forward suggestions to the council and the youth club as necessary.
- The club is affiliated to the MY Trust (formerly Young Kent).
- What do local youth want from their Youth Club? we want ideas and feedback - Trips, special events (at the Centre or elsewhere) , competitions.
- MORE ADULT HELP IS ALWAYS REQUIRED TO SUPPORT EXTRA ACTIVITIES AND EXTRA SESSIONS
We do need the help of further volunteers please help when you can, contact the parish council (01634 566256, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 01634 222622
Find Allhallows (Kent) Parish Council
The Allhallows Youth Centre, Brimp Road, Allhallows, Allhallows, Rochester, Kent, ME3 9QF